How To Make Single Serve Steepable Coffee
We’ve all been there – you’re on a sailaway and it’s a calm morning after a rough night at sea/on the mooring and you need a lift. You go to begin making coffee only to find you bag of coffee grounds have spilt everywhere in the cabinet… s*#@... Luckily, you also recently purchase some Sollevato LIFTED Blend Steepable Coffee Bags and are now remembering why! Let’s put those bad cats to use.
What Do You Need?
- LIFTED Blend Steepable Coffee pack
- Favorite 8 – 15 oz mug/container (Looking for a favorite mug? Sollevato Adventure Mug)
How to Brew
LIFTED Blend Steepable Coffee is the easiest, best, and most versatile way to have specialty coffee anywhere.
1) Heat your water – Heat your water to a low boil and remove from the heat source.
2) Rip, dip, and steep! – Open your pre-portioned LIFTED Blend coffee pack and add the fully contained filter bag into an empty mug. Slowly pour the hot water over the filter bag ensuring the entire filter bag saturates. Once you have filled the mug dip the filter bag a handful of times and leave the filter bag to steep in the mug and water to your desired taste! We recommend dipping the filter bag between 5 – 10 times and letting your coffee steep for at least a few minutes.
If you thought making our LIFTED Blend hot as shown above was easy, wait until you see how easy cold brewing is.
1) Rip, dip, and steep! – Open your pre-portioned LIFTED Blend coffee pack and add the fully container filter bag into an empty mug. Add water (cold to lukewarm) ensuring the entire filter bag saturates. Dip the filter bag a handful of times and then place your mug/container aside or in your fridge, ice box, cooler, etc for 6 – 12 hrs.
Sollevato LIFTED Blend Steepable coffee is great because it gives you the ability to easily brew specialty coffee, anywhere, mess free and in a fully self-contained compostable package. Being so easy, there are not many tips to share but there are some!
- Be sure you do not use too much water. The filter bags are pre-portioned for the perfect amount of coffee to water for a typical cup of coffee which has between 8 – 12 oz of water. Adding too much water for a single bag will change the flavor profile and make the cup feel “weak”. If planning on making a larger than single cup batch, just add the number of LIFTED Blend coffee packs to your vessel as cups of coffee that you want to make (i.e.: use 3 packs for a 3 cup batch).
- Some love strong and flavorful cold brew and because of that, most people will add 2 coffee packs for each one cup of coffee which more closely matches a traditional cold brew ground-to-water ratio.